If you’ve been checking your email today, then you probably know that it’s #GivingTuesday, a global day of giving back!
2020 has certainly presented many challenges, both to individuals and families; big and small businesses and nonprofit organizations, in particular.
In order to meet the challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Club has reinvented itself and we have seen amazing new outcomes:
- The Club has held 19 member events so far this year.
- The Club has added 22 new members in the past year (not including inactive members who have renewed their membership.)
- Improvements to the property have been carried out by volunteers and financial backers over the summer and fall. The front entrance steps and ramp have been repaired and painted, likewise the deck railing after the birch tree came down in the back.
- On average 2–3 blood drives have held by the American Red Cross at the Club every month since May. All blood goes to local hospitals.
- Rental income is $20K this year to date even with the pandemic and subsequent social distancing measures in place.
- Six quarters of real estate back taxes have been paid to the Town of Fairfield.
Please consider showing your support today.
Thank you for your commitment to the Scandinavian Club. Your engagement and generosity are appreciated!