Autumn is upon us, and the Board is so excited for the repairs and improvements that the Club has been able to to get done this year:
- Painting the entrance hall and replacing the carpet
- Replacing the old commercial dishwasher with a new one
- Installing an 85-inch flatscreen TV in the Members Lounge
- Planting a birch tree in honor of the Franzen estate
These efforts have been made to benefit our members and to make the Club more appealing to renters. The Board has raised rental rates by 10% this year while Brian has managed to increase the number of days rented, which leaves room for another rate increase next year. This will allow us to raise funds for more costly and critical capital improvements, like a new roof. However, the Club could still use your help to tackle a few more items on this year’s list:
- Repairing, power washing and painting the deck
- Purchasing seating for the entrance hall
- Landscaping improvements by the entrance
The Club needs to raise $10,000 in order to move forward with this much needed maintenance. This could be achieved if just 50 households contribute $200, or, if every member contributes $62 ! We recognize that not all members will be able to contribute these suggested amounts, please know that no amount is too small.
Because of supporters like you, the Club has been able to thrive during the pandemic, and we are so grateful for member engagement!
Contributions can also be made by check, to the Scandinavian Club, Inc.