Sunday, April 16, 2 pm
Queen Margrethe II of Denmark is turning 83 and the Scandinavian Club is putting on a royal celebration with talented Danish pianist Rasmus Sørensen and upright bassist Ben Tiberio.
Set list includes some arrangements of Danish songs, some originals and some of the duo’s favorite jazz tunes.
Price of admission:
- Member: $10
- Non-member: $20
- Child: $10
- Concert (approximately 1 hour)
- Roulade with bær and fløde (slice of Swiss roll topped with berries and whipped cream)
- 1 beverage (coffee, tea or soft drink)
Spring Artisan Fair
Saturday, April 29, 10 am – 4 pm
- Local fine arts and crafts vendors showcasing handcrafted artistic gifts
- Free admission and parking
- Food, baked goods and beverages for sale
More details to come.
Eurovision Song Contest
Saturday, May 13, 3 – 6 pm
In the Members Lounge
Europe’s favorite television show streaming live via the internet on the Club’s new 85-inch TV!
If you grew up in Europe there’s no need to explain. Before American Idol there was Eurovision. Since 1956, the Contest has been broadcast every year and is one of television’s longest running music shows. It is one of the most watched non-sporting events in the world. Featuring kitschy costumes and every style of music, love it or hate it the Contest represents a broad cross section of European culture unmatched by any other event.
- 37 countries participate in Eurovision 2023; 25 in the Grand Final.
- Two semi-finals are held leading up to Saturday’s Grand Final.
- Five countries are automatic pre-qualified for the Grand Final: France, Germany, Italy, Spain and United Kingdom.
- Each country will have two sets of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10 and 12 points to give: One set for each country’s jury, and one set for each country’s televoting. Televoters and national juries have equal weight in the voting.
Last year’s winner Ukraine is not able to host this year, for obvious reasons, so the Contest is hosted by the U.K. (Liverpool).
Event chairs: Leena and Birgitta
Sunday, June 25, 12 noon – 4:30 pm
Outside by Picnic Pavilion
- Midsummer pole decorated by participants
- Lawn games (Mölkky, Kubb, Megajenga…)
- Live music
More details to come.
Event Chair: Carol Skog